Understanding your credit file
What is a credit report?
- Credit applications you have made for personal use
- Credit account information including type of credit account, the credit limit and the dates accounts were opened or closed
- Monthly repayment history on credit accounts such as mortgages and credit cards. This will reflect whether you paid the minimum amount required on your financial commitments each month on time or not.
- Details of overdue debts like payment defaults
- Credit applications for credit for commercial purposes
- Details of overdue commercial credit accounts
What is a credit rating?
Your VedaScore is a credit rating and if you have a credit report with Veda, is it likely that you will have a VedaScore too. It is a number between 0-1200 that summarises the information on your credit report at a point in time. If you’ve ever looked at your credit report, you’ll know it can contain lots of information that can sometimes be difficult to understand (view a sample report here). Your VedaScore can help you understand the information in your credit report and how it affects your ability to get a loan and at the best rate.
With your VedaScore, not only do you find out your credit rating, but you’ll also learn what information on your credit report is contributing to your credit rating, good and bad. This information, called ‘contributing factors’, can help you understand what you can do to improve your VedaScore credit rating. Your VedaScore is important to know as it is what lenders can look at when deciding whether to accept your application for a loan or credit. In simple terms, the higher your VedaScore, the better your credit profile and the more likely you are to be accepted for credit.
Want a copy of your credit report?
You can get a copy of your credit report within minutes by purchasing one of our packages below. Or you can obtain a free credit report, despatched to you within ten days. The free service provides a credit report only and does not include your VedaScore or VedaScore contributing factors which summarise the major items impacting your credit rating.
There are certain circumstances under which you can get a copy of your credit report for free.
- You can request a copy where a credit application was declined. You must apply within 90 days of the date you were declined
- You can request a copy if you have lodged a correction request and been advised that information on your file has been corrected
- You can request a copy once every 12 months
Compare Our Products
|Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
|Order here||Get now||Get now|
|Report produced by|
|Credit Report1||1 only||1 per year||2 per year|
|Instant Delivery2||10 day wait|
|VedaScore3||-||1 per year||monthly|
|VedaScore Contributing Factors||-|
|Order here||Get now||Get now|
1Any credit account information (Consumer Credit Liability Information and Repayment Information) we may collect from credit providers as of March 2014 will not be available in your report until updates to our system are made over the coming months.
2You will receive a copy of your credit report immediately if we are able to verify your identity.
3VedaScore is not provided when credit reports have Bankruptcy or Debt Agreement information listed