Veda is a data analytics business providing information and analytic services to businesses to assist them in making decisions and managing risks. Veda's core product offering includes the provision of credit reports in relation to individuals and businesses. From its stable core credit bureau business, Veda has expanded to deliver a suite of credit and other analytical products targeted to specific industry needs.
Veda holds data on more than 16.4 million credit-active individuals, 3.6 million on companies and businesses and 3.4 million on Sole Traders throughout Australia, providing customers with the ability to make more informed decisions including:
- Lodge a First Contacted Party Correction Request
- Individual credit risk across origination and account management
- The credit history of companies and the people behind it
- Information on a Business or Company
- Assessing Supplier and Procurement risk
- Business credit checks
- Verification of individuals and assets
- Fraud Prevention of individuals and devices
- Marketing Services to optimize acquisition/retention and understand customer value
- Pre-employment screening of job candidates
- Tenant history of new rental applicants.
- Data integrity for superannuation funds
For the latest Veda Terms of Supply, click here.
The launch of the Federal Government’s Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) has signalled the start of a new and profound era for businesses and consumers across Australia.
The move to a single national register – and legal reform that underpins use of personal property as security for credit – impacts significantly on daily business processes, documentation, systems and the management of credit risk.
Comprehensive Credit Reporting (CCR) is all about a change in the credit information that can be shared by lenders for assessment of credit. It will reshape the way lenders assess risk and consumers access credit.
In industry terms, CCR means a shift from negative to comprehensive credit reporting: more data, more often, shared more widely – which provides a more complete picture of a customer’s credit commitments - benefiting consumers, lenders the wider economy.